The holiday season is in full force and with that come shorter and shorter days. The sun sets crazy early and some days I feel like it’s time for bed at 7:00pm! I found myself leaning on my coffee pot the other week and realizing I needed to find a few things to increase my energy in a healthy way. I was #overit and ready to feel better! These tips have made a big difference for me, and I hope they do for you as well! Let me know if you have any to add:
- Get enough sleep and get QUALITY sleep. A consistent sleep schedule makes a world of difference. Try and hit the hay at the same time (within reason) each night and get up around the same time.
- Get your booty outside! Yes, it’s cold. I hate the cold. BUT, as the Norwegians say, “There is no bad weather, only bad clothes!” So, do like the Norwegians do and bundle up and head outside to soak up whatever sunlight and fresh air you can. It is better than coffee, I promise!
- Turn off the screens. I know, I know…we are pretty much all addicted to our phones, but the studies show that looking at screens before bed impact our sleep negatively. Try and turn everything off at least an hour before bed. Maybe give those old fashion books a chance to help you unwind and fall asleep?
- Eat for energy. Food rich in vitamin C like oranges can help your energy and your immune system. Nothing like another cold to make you more exhausted than usual! And honestly, the smell of a fresh peeled citrus fruit is invigorating. If you have a diffuser (which I think you should!), try some citrus essential oils to energize a room.
- Drink up! Water is an amazing thing and even a low level of dehydration can make you sluggish. I know I don’t love drinking cold water in the winter, but I try to guzzle it up! I also have a few cups of herbal tea to warm up AND hydrate. I also have my cup of coffee in the morning…just a little less than I used to!
Hope these tips help keep your engine going through this crazy busy time of year! Let us know how it goes!
Your Over It Coach,